Friday, December 3, 2010

R.I.P. Peter Christopherson


I know I'm about a week late in posting this but it's been busy around here:
Whether it be his visionary musical work with Throbbing Gristle, Coil, etc. His stunning design work as part of Hipgnosis, or his invocations in film and video, His creative works have been a major source of joy and inspiration for me through the years. He's seriously, one of my few artistic heroes. Hell, maybe even life hero. It seemed like he always had a deep appreciation for mortality, and the transient beauty of life and it's mysteries.

"What I'm living day-by-day, even at work, is my every whim, my deepest fantasy, my personal Yellow Brick Road -How few people can really say that, and believe it?
I am truly blessed!I will be delighted if even a little of my joy and intensity gets through to those who listen....I may not quite have reached the Emerald City just yet, but you know, it's just over the next hill..."

- Peter Christopherson - Feb 12 2009


Coil - Time Machines
("time machines" has a rather specific bio chemical concept that should be apparent from the song titles. if you are friendly with the compounds mentioned i believe you know what to do.)

Throbbing Gristle - Nothing Short of Total War
( you should know this by now.)


No comments: